Ebon Eaves
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Town of Ebon Eaves

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Town of Ebon Eaves - Page 2 Empty Re: The Town of Ebon Eaves

Post  ClaireDavis Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:08 am

((Sorry guys, the internet situation in WV is crap :/ But I'll try and catch up!))

I have a room in The Sleeping Dragon, too. The rent is reasonable and I have more freedom than at the local university. They wanted me to come in a few times a week and lead a workshop on "How to be a Writer," but I simply couldn't fit it in. There's just too much work to do around here, people to talk to and places to explore.

My room is one the first floor, around the middle of the level looking over the garden. The landlady is there quite a lot, always fussing and pruning with her plants. Although they are lovely to look at when I'm writing. I could just get lost in their hypnotic sway when the wind blows...
ClaireDavis
ClaireDavis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jote Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:22 pm

Man, those plants. I know what you mean. It's crazy, mang. What are you working on right now, Claire? Also, refresh my memory, what other books have you written? If you're being offered teaching positions at a university, you must have published something that was pretty good.
Jote
Jote
Admin

https://eboneaves.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ClaireDavis Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:43 am

I wrote Kentucky Night when I was 17, an unexpected hit that titillated the masses with it's grisly imagery and it's poignant ending. At least, that's what my editor told me when he wanted more of them. Since then, I wrote another 2 novels, Bone and Blood and Watchers, both of which were rather well-liked murder mysteries. My editor, Charles Mann, or Charlie, keeps telling me to make it more gory and graphic, but I will only write what comes to me. He can't force the books to be exactly what he likes, after all.

The university, simply Putnam University after the county that Ebon Eaves is in, is small but well-run. When I visited, it was a lovely campus and clean, lots of trees. I love all of the plants here. The dean, Dr. Mark Jameson, tried so hard to get me to come in, but I had to turn him down. He was a large man with a ruddy face, and I don't think he liked my refusal. His face got even more red, and although he shook my hand politely, he closed his office door rather forcefully.
ClaireDavis
ClaireDavis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jote Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:23 pm

Okay, well, this looks like enough information that we can begin soon, as long as no one has anything else they would like to add for now?
Jote
Jote
Admin

https://eboneaves.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ClaireDavis Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:03 pm

((Fine by me Smile ))
ClaireDavis
ClaireDavis

Back to top Go down