Our Heroes

Go down

Our Heroes

Post  Jote on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:36 am

Here you can post information about your characters--stats, moves, background, psychology, relationships, or anything else you think is important.
Jote
Jote
Admin

http://eboneaves.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Claire Davis -- Author

Post  ClaireDavis on Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:45 am

((So I thought would get the ball rolling, perhaps Smile Also, this is how I would speak out of character, in case anyone is wondering.))

Perched on the window seat, bathed in the pale light of dawn, sits a curvy young woman lost in her own thoughts, her blond hair loose about her face and her pen resting in her lax grip. Her deep blue eyes are faraway and dreamy, focused on the events and occurrences playing through her imagination. Simple and casual clothes in pastel hues are rumpled and wrinkled, as though she were too distracted to iron them properly, if at all. A legal pad sits before her, covered in scrawling notes and arrows; soon to be the latest in her series of grisly horror novels. On her belt, tucked into a simple holster, is a small revolver, glinting in the sunlight.

Before coming to this town to write, she had never thought she would need a firearm. However, there were...unusual things in this little town, shadows that would move inexplicably, strange noises in the night. It was almost enough to make her leave but...she had to know. She had to get to the bottom of the mystery, so reminiscent of what she wrote. The mysteries in this town were confounding, enticing...maddening. She would learn their secrets. It was only a matter of time. Of course, this was assuming she could pay attention to a single thing for more than a few minutes.

Picture: http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/fss/da0bdf969c6148bb476449b2b33194c6/Claire+Davis

Claire Davis -- Author
Look: Young woman, full figure, faraway eyes, thoughtful face, rumpled casual clothing.
Stats: Reason +2, Passion +2, Might 0, Luck -1, Affinity 0
Gear: d6 Wealth, A small sidearm, Royalties (2d6 Wealth per month)
Moves:
Hard to Rattle: You have a tough mind. Whenever you suffer shock, you take one less.
Creative Thinker: You may roll+Passion instead of roll+Reason when you Puzzle Things Out. When you achieve at least a partial success in this manner, you gain +1 question.
Lore Move: Novel Experience -- The place reminds you of something from one of your books. You may spend a point of Lore to get +2 to Poke Around.

Background
Claire is a simple girl, really. She just wants to write her grisly horror novels and daydream. She was something of a surprise hit at 17 with her murder mystery Kentucky Night, and has written two more successful novels since then. She is working on the latest in her novels, and came to the small town of Ebon Eaves looking for inspiration. The rumors she has heard about the town make her think that it would be nothing more than a grand adventure, but she quickly learned that there was much more going on that she had first surmised.

She was an only child, born late in her parents' lives, and even though she is only 24, they have long since passed away from natural causes. She thinks of them often, during her many hours of daydreaming and thinking, but no longer feels the deep clench of grief in her chest. Sometimes she wonders what they, as proper God-fearing folk, would think of the town. It scares her, though she will only admit that in the dark of the night, when she is huddled in her bed and waiting for daylight to come once again. Winter is going to be hell in this place.

Last edited by ClaireDavis on Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:11 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Slight change in gear)
ClaireDavis
ClaireDavis

Back to top Go down

DILLETANTE: Amelia Reagan

Post  ThatReaganKid on Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:53 am

Name: Amelia Reagan
Clothes: Fine casual.
Face: Refined
Eyes: ...gonna have to go with bedroom. yep. Also, they're blue. Amelia is white as wonderbread.
Build: Trim
Attributes:
Reason -1 | Passion +2 | Might 0 | Luck +1 | Affinity +1

Gear
12 Wealth
1D6 Wealth weekly stipend
Expensive changes of clothes (valuable)
An automobile
Choose two:
-Fur coat (valuable), +1 armor
-A pet (valuable, alive) werewolf horse

Moves:
[i]Ready for Anything:
At the beginning of a session, ROLL+PASSION. On a 10+, hold 2. On a 7-9, hold 1. At any time, you can spend your hold to get +1 ONGOING for a scene. On a 6 or less, the keeper holds 1 and can spend it to have you "caught out" (i.e. ill prepared and -1 for a scene.)
Upper Crust: People naturally defer to your grace and bearing (or maybe just to your money?). You can drop your name and station to persuade people to do or say things they might not do normally.
10+: They’ve heard of you and are willing to help. Hold 1. You can spend this at any time to get them to do pretty much anything they’d do normally. If it’s something against their nature or they wouldn’t otherwise do, it’s going to cost you 2d6 wealth. If you don’t have the money on hand, they won’t do later.
7-9: They’ll help you out or answer questions, but it’s going to cost a d6 wealth. And it has to be legal and non-harmful to them.
6 or less: Who do you think you are throwing your weight around? The Keeper gets to hold 1 and may spend it at any time to make a hard move against you.

Lore Move:
You’ve Done This Before: You can spend a point (or more) of Lore to gain a +1 FORWARD to any move. You get +1 FORWARD for each point of Lore expended (up to +3). If you would have succeeded without spending any Lore, you don't spend any.

HISTORY
Amelia has enough privilege to crash tumblr. The horrible combination of plenty of money, absentee parents, and a sheltering older brother left Amelia with pretty much no choice but to be spoiled, ignorant of everything outside her experience, love-starved, and completely clueless about how the world really works. Educated by private tutors when she was young and given a fantastic university education, Amelia is in the process of being groomed for a political position, but is at a very irresponsible age full of parties, lovers and fun. Her brother, who she is much closer to than her political/business/social-oriented parents, disapproves of Amelia's behavior, but as long as Amelia settles down eventually and gets herself married, pretty okay with Amelia taking a few years to get the partying out of her system. She is fully expected to grow up, find a suitably influential husband, and use him to influence the government as he Makes Decisions For The Poor People.

See, to understand Amelia, you have to understand her brother, Cyrus. Cyrus is a complicated fellow. He would do anything, ANYTHING for his family, which he honestly loves, and is honestly in politics with the intent to serve the greater good and govern things carefully and wisely. However, he doesn't really...see the 99% as people. If you're not part of the upper crust/in politics, you're not much more than a number to him, and he will sacrifice small numbers for the greater good of the whole. Ruthlessly. He's not power-hungry or sadistic, just cold.

For Amelia, Cyrus hung the moon. There's a lot of love between them, but the relationship isn't entirely healthy. Cyrus has sheltered Amelia more than he should, leaving Amelia both a fundamentally good person and an ignorant douchebag. So, Amelia is a spoiled kid who has never had to worry about anything in her life, who is partying her adolescence away and looking for meaning in her life. She has both a solid sense of propriety (wanting to behave decently and not reflect badly on her family) and an instinctive desire to rebel, to push the limits of what she is allowed to do until someone gives her a firm no. So. That inner conflict. She cares deeply about her family and friends, sometimes too much. She's savvy about a lot of things, but terribly naive about others.

I know it's vague, but the rest of her backstory will be hammered out when we discuss Trust.

Last edited by ThatReaganKid on Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
ThatReaganKid
ThatReaganKid

Back to top Go down

NASH ANDERSON, THE JOURNALIST

Post  nash.anderson on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:59 pm

Name: Nash Anderson
Look: Man, Worn Suit, Vibrant Face, Clever Eyes, Thin Build
Attributes: Reason+2 Passion=0 Might-1 Luck+1 Affinity+1
Lore: 1
Wealth: 5
Moves:
Snappy Comeback: No camera is unreliable. Can POKE AROUND in the photographs.

Staff Reporter: Small desk with local rag. d6Wealth/month. Once/day roll+luck. Success, get a story lead (a clue). Miss, d6 days before try again.

Special: Spend Lore to get quickly and quietly into/out of a mundane place.

Gear:
  • d6 Wealth
  • Room in a boarding house (1 Wealth per month)
  • Camera (unreliable)
  • Chauncey Michaels & Lionel Draper, couple of dominos enthusiasts and local gossips who are sometimes good for a story (+1 ongoing)
  • A half-written, half-blotted out editorial stuck under the drawer of my news desk by the reporter I replaced (+1 Lore)

History: You wanna know my story? Look, read it in the papers. Yeah, the by-line. That's "N. Anderson." Nash Anderson. Me. I'm a journalist out of Pittsburgh. Did my tour in The War. The French Theatre. Did my time in the trenches, documenting the realities for the Tribune. Let me tell you: The realities Bite. I saw men who laughed at the way I take my coffee get cut down in the middle of card games. I saw a guy who couldn't play the harmonica worth a damn and called me Yankee Doodle get gassed... There was only one mask. I don't want to talk about it.

Anyway. I'm back Stateside, with a big fat pulitzer under my belt for my work. Well... I don't really want the dumb award. It just ain't worth it really. Sorry to disappoint. Bright side, I was able to get any position on any paper I could ever dream with the story I wrote. So, here I am. Settling down, someplace quiet. Ebon Eaves. Quiet, relaxed, lazy town where no one has to work and everyone is good and god-fearing.

I've got a bed, a desk, some assignments piling up for the "slice of life" column, and maybe I'll find some peace.
nash.anderson
nash.anderson

Back to top Go down

TRUST

Post  nash.anderson on Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:03 pm

And to get a fuckin' roll on this shit, Trust.

I presume 3 points since there are only three of us playing.

0 is Acquaintance
1 is Good friend/trustworthy
2 is close friend/trust with personal matters
3 is Inner Circle/trust with life

So, I'm gonna say...

1 with Claire, not cause we know each other but cause he likes her work. (unless we do know each other? Hey, Bethany, has Claire called on Nash to get him to consult on what it's like being a pulitzer winning reporter? Like for a book of hers?)
0 for Amelia cause, uh, she's a bitch? Unless these characters know each other?

Ladies! Weeeeeigh iiiiin. In the other game of tremulus that I'm (not) playing, Trust takes forever if no one weighs in and we don't really lean in to making bullshit up.
nash.anderson
nash.anderson

Back to top Go down

Trust

Post  ClaireDavis on Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:37 am

((I hadn't actually thought much about trust yet, but yeah I assume we have three points to spend on it. I think Claire would have definitely come to Nash about some of the city Lore, the background information on the Church and the Black Grove. I don't know if she knows Amelia, mostly because Claire would definitely not run in the same circles as Amelia.))

I would say that Nash has 1 point as well from Claire, and Amelia has 0 because they just don't know each other. ((Or maybe we do? Who knows?! Smile ))
ClaireDavis
ClaireDavis

Back to top Go down

trust

Post  ThatReaganKid on Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:52 am

Amelia and Nash's Trust history has just been hashed out. (seriously, the ink isn't even dry on this one.)

Amelia has 2 Trust for Nash, because she first met Nash in a speakeasy shortly after his return, then met him again a week later when her family invited him to dinner. There were Disney-style "what are you doing here" "what are YOU doing here" "please don't tell my parents" shenanigans, and Nash casually agreed not to use the knowledge that Amelia gets up to tipsy debauchery to cause a scandal. Amelia feels the matter is settled, and trusts that he isn't actually out to ruin her, hence the 2. Because she has trusted him with compromising, personal, and illegal information about herself.

As for Claire, Amelia has probably read her books and enjoyed them immensely, so if she found out Miss Davis was in town, she would DEFINITELY extend an invitation to get lunch and talk. Her treat. Gonna give Claire 1 Trust.
ThatReaganKid
ThatReaganKid

Back to top Go down

Trust, Part 2

Post  ClaireDavis on Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:59 am

Ah, well if Amelia invited her to dinner, I think Amelia would then have a 1 because Claire is a pretty easy-going gal. She is also trusting of Amelia to give her some of the scandal and gossip about the town that Nash may not have come across.

And...well hell, I have another point and I think it would go to Nash again, giving him a score of 2. This extra point would be because Claire is using him as an in-depth information source about his award, the war and the atrocities he witnessed over there, and about the town. She would have shared anything she found as well, and Claire might have developed a little infatuation with the Journalist. Therefore, she trusts him quite a bit.
ClaireDavis
ClaireDavis

Back to top Go down

Re: Our Heroes

Post  ThatReaganKid on Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:21 am

It wasn't really a family dinner, it was more of a social outing at a fancy schmancy restaurant. Amelia would have tested the waters to see if Claire wanted to go out dancing, or even drinking, but relatively carefully. Amelia will show Claire a good time no matter what, but will pay attention to Claire's comfort levels with debauchery. Don't want to make the poor bookworm uncomfortable.

And yep, Amelia has her thumb on the pulse of Ebon Eaves' more scandalous gossip. She loves it, and is willing and eager to pass it on to Claire. No seriously, you will NOT believe what Senator Dunham's son was caught doing last week...
ThatReaganKid
ThatReaganKid

Back to top Go down

Post  nash.anderson on Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:50 am

Awesome sauce.

So while Amelia thinks her drinking is this LIKE BIG DEAL PLEASE SERIOUSLY DON'T SCANDALIZE ME, Nash is a product of that WWI transformation in morality that we studied in Core 300. So, no, he doesn't actually care about her drinking so it's not a big deal. Still, drinking buddies and then shenanigans a week later? Trust 1 @ Amelia.

As for Claire, Nash wouldn't really know all that much about the Church or the experiments or the town lore and all that... I mean, he would know a little bit since he decided Ebon Eaves is going to be his retirement gig. But still... he's no informant if you get my drift. If he were interviewed about reporting in general or The War? Then yeah, he's got your back to spill some info. Actually, I'm kind of amused at the idea of Claire and Nash walking around town and talking about crap. Like a shitty RomCom, and then Jote throws monsters at us. Trust 2 @ Claire. This way, Nash can drag Claire around to speakeasies and she can party with Amelia.

Nash Anderson:
Amelia (1)
Claire (2)

Done and done, Jote.
nash.anderson
nash.anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  ClaireDavis on Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:36 pm

These are both awesome Smile And I think Claire would be just fine with debauchery. After all, she's considered more than a little scandalous on her own because of her books, because of their horrific imagery and disregard for the tender sensibilities of women and all that jazz.

So, in that case, she would use Nash for more of the War and journalism stuff at first, then maybe later to bounce ideas off of in the event that she found something interesting. Share and share alike, naturally.

Amelia is probably someone she considers a friend, and would definitely enjoy having a gal pal. Claire's a bit of a loner, since she's all into books and reading and whatnot. After all, no proper woman should be doing that when she could be looking for a man.
ClaireDavis
ClaireDavis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jote on Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:24 am

The giant skull in the sky notes your responses accordingly and lets out an approving doot doot on his magnificent trumpet.
Jote
Jote
Admin

http://eboneaves.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down